Workplace Safety & Culture
Workplace Health & Safety
Is your business compliant with the Health & Safety requirements?
In recent years New Zealand's workplace Health & Safety landscape has changed dramatically. Having a Health & Safety management programme is now an essential and mandatory aspect of running a business.
To meet the demands of the legislation we brought specialist Health & Safety Consultants onto our team. We can work with you to review or develop your Health & Safety systems to ensure you are compliant, whilst still meeting the needs of your business.
Our Health & Safety Consultants can:
- Carry out workplace Health & Safety visits, site audits and gap analysis
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Analyse accident and incident statistics and implement reduction solutions
- Review or develop workplace Health & Safety management systems that are proportionate to the risk that your business presents
- Develop Health & Safety plans
- Carry out hazard identification and management
- Implement Health & Safety inductions with team members
- Develop Health & Safety training specific to your business
- Develop employee wellbeing programmes e.g. resilence and stress management training
- Carry out ergonomic workstation assessments
- Help you reduce the cost of injury management, lost time and ill health
Specialist Health & Safety Advice
It is no longer acceptable to have workplace Health & Safety systems managed by staff who lack proper experience and training. In fact, Worksafe NZ expects that businesses obtain specialists Health & Safety advice and are encouraging the development of NZ competency standards for Health & Safety professionals.
Our Health & Safety Consultants are qualified, highly experienced and understand the importance of optimising systems to enhance productivity and efficiency. Our Health & Safety Consultants:
- are tertiary qualified with more 20 years experience
- have worked for large national and international companies in manufacturing, food processing, services, health and agriculture to name a few
- ensure they are in tune with your strategic and operational business needs, not just the legislative requirements.
Put simply, workplace culture is “the way we do things around here” – the group behaviours, beliefs and values of an organisation and the people within it, that have evolved over time.
Your workplace culture often dictates how engaged your employees are, how enjoyable they find your business environment, how satisfied they are in their role.
Businesses with a great workplace culture enjoy high performing teams and motivated staff. They are able to attract, motivate and retain the best people and can adapt to a changing market much more readily.
Unfortunately, business owners are often too close to ‘the coal face’ to have an accurate view of the whole picture. Our HR Consultants can give you a true and full assessment of your current workplace culture, identify ways to improve it and then help you do just that.
Engagement surveys measure the true attitudes and opinions of your staff, how satisfied and engaged they are with your company. Engaged employees are invested in your business’ success, and give you the full complement of their energies. Employees who are not engaged are less productive, more likely to resign, and have attitudes that can rub off on other team members.
Our HR Consultants can:
- Undertake a tailored survey – training, scene setting, independent assessment, collation, administration and reporting of information.
- Outline key findings, recommend strategies and programmes to lift engagement in your organisation and help you to deliver these. This could take the form of focus groups, planning sessions, and/or guidance and training.
- Measure year-on-year movement and progress
Individual contributors make up teams; the trick is to get everyone on the same page, understanding and driving together toward the same end goal, whilst harnessing the strengths and preferences of each person.
Our HR Consultants can assess the health of your teams and assist with ways to improve team performance and results, by:
- Taking a closer look at the current dynamics and cohesion of your team – will the team, as it is today, deliver the results you need?
- Working with the team to meet their individual goals and the common goals of the team
- Discussing and agreeing interventions in the form of workshops, coaching, tools and techniques to lift performance
- Measuring, monitoring and supporting development along the way
It’s a fact of life that conflict arises in the workplace, but if not properly addressed, a small difficulty can develop into something deeper – causing deep employment relationship problems, staff dissatisfaction, de-motivation and loss of productivity.
Our HR Consultants can offer:
- Independent review of the conflict; working with affected parties to gain common understanding of the issue and working with you to apply the best resolution
- An overview of legal and contractual obligations and best practice process
- Support and balanced advice, with a focus on a win/win outcome. We will also help you in managing the outcome you want
For managers to get the best out of a team member, they should understand his or her preferred style of working, how they best learn new things and how they are likely to behave when the pressure in on. Personality profiling gives you all this information and more.
Our HR Consultants can:
- Undertake personality profiling which looks at preferences, personal style and the role an individual may take in a team setting
- Help you to understand differences, similarities, benefits and dangers of working with each team member within the team
- Help you leverage off strengths and development areas in the team