Outplacement & Career Transition Support
Redundancy is an emotional experience for employees and employers alike. It can have a tremendous impact on an organisation, depending on how the process is handled.
Outplacement may be perceived as a luxury for larger businesses but for SMEs that have unavoidable peaks and troughs, outplacement can be an essential brand protection tool. It can keep your existing staff happier and more settled and help affected staff find new opportunities.
HR Connect’s Career Transition Services are an effective method for smoothly transitioning employees from your organisation. You can also feel confident you are communicating a strong message about treating employees with dignity and respect even at the most difficult of times.
We work with you to provide support services in line with your values, reducing risks associated with change whilst protecting your brand.
At HR Connect, we believe successful strategies rely on the effective management of change and clear communication throughout the transformation process. Our approach to career transition is professional, caring and completely tailored to the requirements of our clients and participants.
We know one size does not fit all – so although we have guidelines developed, we will work closely with the individual in a bespoke manner to assist them with their career transition.
Career Transition / Outplacement Programme
Sessions include the following range of topics:
1. Initial session includes building an understanding of where the employee is at; we are able to provide counselling and support during this initial stage whilst working with them to look to the future. This includes understanding their aspirations, and systematically building resilience and optimism.
2. Building trust at this early stage is critical to the work that we do.
Building the marketing campaign. The CV (resume) is their calling card – it’s what gets them over the line and to the interview stage. This is a critical part of the career transition process and one where we dedicate a good amount of time to get it right.
3. CV final review and Cover letters – we do a final review of the CV and using job adverts the employee is interested in, help them to construct compelling cover letters.
4. Job search strategies, Networking and Social Media – a critical stage in the process – where to look; how to be proactive; working with Recruitment agencies; how to use their existing networks.
5. The Art of the Interview – specific, focussed interview skills training designed to get the person to understand different types of interviews; standard, difficult and behavourial question methods; examples of each and even a mock interview scenario all geared to build confidence.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us 0800 131 557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org